Sunday, March 27, 2011

Simplify? How?

Hello again! Today I would like to share some thoughts that have made the concept of simplifying become more of a worthy, and attainable, goal for me. I am one of those people who will drop something very quickly if I cant find a really good reason for doing it and an easy way to implement it. I don't like doing something just because it is popular without knowing how it specifically impacts my life. I think we all have an image of what simplifying is supposed to look like, and to some of us it even looks Amish in our mind's eye : ). Well, let me share what "simplify" means to me and how it looks practically. What I have come to realize is the best way to start simplifying is to start reducing the number of categories in my life. Too many categories equals fragmented thoughts and a sense of not being able to stay on top of it all. First let me say that even when you minimize categories, life has a lot of "stuff" that needs done -so why have more than what is necessary? That said, I have found that it is of GREAT help to learn how to equip your home with things that are multipurpose. What I mean to say is that, for most of us, household "stuff" we need (ie groceries, cleaning supplies etc) are so hard to stay on top of and super expensive because most everything has just one purpose. I don't know about you, but that leaves me forgetting something at the store constantly, which is frustrating. And on top of that,don't even TRY to add coupons to the equation and a couple kids in the cart!! OK, so all that to say this, in upcoming posts I will be sharing some tips that will help you think more about less expensive ways to take care of family and home, all while reducing the number of categories in your life! My hope is that we can share ideas together! I will also share some great websites that will help you in your quest to simplify!

No comments:

Post a Comment